Thursday, January 4, 2024

The Burning Questions

 Dear Soul ...

When change arrives in your life in a dramatic way it is hard to discern direction to go and what to feel. In those intense moments we are more likely to react rather than respond. I can recall many a time where my emotions have driven my reaction in situations that were emotionally volatile, and circumstances were laden with heaviness.

Over the years and certainly in more recent times, I have found writing and art to be a catalyst to get me through. Secondly, it has been seeking words, understanding through inspiring words or others in social media discerned at an intuitive level and books. One of those books that has been a source to change my mindset and thinking was "Change your Questions Change your Life", by Wendy Watson Nelson. Even the title brings a sense of thriving and hope.

There is a statement in the book:

"Questions can bring remarkable healing in undeniable ways. They can bring hope."

I believe this to be true. I found the more questions I asked myself, even without answering, I got to the root of what was buried deep within me. Let me share my writing from February 26th, 2022, while in the midst of chemo.

"Staring me in the face is the raw truth of being diagnosed with cancer and yet all I can see today is not my cancer but how I have lived my life. and how have I touched the life of another. I was reminded of what I learned in college - to paraphrase.

How have I lived a meaningful life - not for myself but for others?

To be more succinct and exacting. Have I learned to have a life of meaning? This brings to mind three important questions.

                    1.    Have I contributed something meaningful?

                    2.    Am I a good person?

                    3.    Who did I love and who loved me?

                    4.    How have I contributed to the lives of others for good?

                    5.    What legacy am I leaving behind? Is it about things or people?

These were deep and meaningful questions and that brought a thought process that was a culmination of seeing the essence of my mortality pass before me and what had I done with life. Let me get back to the conversation I had with myself in the format of the written word.

"I would hope that my life is moving in a meaningful direction, having touched the lives of many that after my lifetimes are gone would say ... Michelle Lange, Michelle Harwood was a light, had influence, loved unconditionally, inspired,  loved life fiercely and helped man. That she lived life fully and it showed even in the worst of times.

It seems that the character of who we are is found in the words of impact another says of you. That is a lifetime legacy that when told lasts through generations. What story or even do you want to weave into the fabric of your life and the life of another?

 Will your story be retold and regaled in the pavilions of light, or will you stay stuck in the shadows where the vibrancy of life dares not touch you? Yes, there are shadows and winters in life but after the thaw and healing along that journey  there is always color, hope, love, and opportunity. We choose to put life on hold instead of celebrating it fully with all we have.

 In those precious moments we find a path back to the river of life - the joy in child’s laughter, a smile, a thank you, kindness, a hello, music, the warmth of the sun on your face. All bring a gift to kiss our soul gently to awaken us to the now of life.

Arise, celebrate, and embrace all you have. To  E M B R A C E is a commitment to live into:

E – Energy

M – Mindful Mindsight

B – Be Compassionate, Be Light

R – Resilience

A – Altitude of Gratitude

C – Channel Choice

E – Everyone Everyday

What I have learnt so far on this journey is to allow life to touch you. Meaning grieve the loss  knowing there are possibilities to get through the moment. You can shift from the experience with a sense of empowerment if and I add if you choose. That is the very key – You own and make the choice not to stay stuck and to when the emotions subside respond in a way that finds love, light, and learning. By allowing what you feel, your are readying yourself to accept the journey, the experience and love that process. To find love for your experience, the process, you arm and empower your very soul to seek divine illumination.”

In the remaining five pages of discovery these questions elicited, ( before you ask, we will get back to them on another day) you can see the right questions bring a multitude of new insights – treasures undiscovered but found with questions.

Writing gives me an opportunity to question what I know, ask questions, and connect to my higher self which in any difficult or treacherous journey in life, a spiritual alliance with a higher power demands it. We live in a world where daily we encounter negative energy, relentless attacks on our wellbeing, our livelihood to live a full and joyful life. Discerning my truths comes from asking questions, seeking inspiration, and listening intuitively for greater spiritual insights and strength.

Strength when coupled with faith and belief creates action. Action that builds my character to BECOME, to Be understanding, Be Compassionate, Be Forgiving – my BE ATTITUDES – soul languages that bring heartfelt questions if you listen for the whisper. 

When you ask yourself the right question, the perspective changes. Change means exploring differences which brings information. Information that you may not have seen before. As I write the last words may I challenge you to when you have important questions to seek answers to, be sure you are well rested, have eaten, feel supported, loved, and needed and have grounded your soul to positive energy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Bargain

Dearest Soul, How often in life do we bargain financially, mentally, emotionally, and spiritually? To discover a bargain to save time, money...