Thursday, January 18, 2024

A THOUGHT OR TWO

 Dear Soul,

There are many thoughts we have heard to motivate our choice and action. I have come to appreciate those thought leaders who perfectly framed  words that fire up our soul. I am going to share with you some of a favorite and ones that I discovered recently.

 I AM THE MASTER OF MY FATE

I AM THE CAPTAIN OF MY SOUL
Invictus - William Ernest Henley

We are masters of our thoughts, of our actions and our destiny. It is up to us to take the helm of our lives and steer it toward our intended path  fulfilling with purpose and enjoyment our pursuit of happiness.

I discovered the following words from Drew Barrymore when she was interviewed for "People to People." 

  • Life is a mood board.
  • No one is one note.
  • Don't talk yourself out of living.

In distilling these phrases down to what works for me I discovered that when challenges get hard, I let go of those things that fill my cup up, essentially talking myself out of living.  If life was an orchestral movement, I would not be just one note because I am not linear and comprised of different energy modes, sounds that represent who I am.  With much appreciation I am grateful to discover such thought-provoking words that say everything in the simplest of ways.


I often speak of gratitude and for me it is a BE ATTIITUDES, a soul language. Over the years I have recorded my gratitude in a journal. I go back to that place, those pages from time to time to see my thoughts. With a sense of awe, wonder and even greater gratitude in my soul, my heart connects with my life journey seeing just how far and wide I have travelled. Perhaps for you, inquisitive reader or frequenter, it is time to record your feelings of gratitude so that you can feel and see your pilgrimage in time.

In my day, I when speaking to a counselor/therapist as I figure my survivorship of my cancer diagnosis I found a warm thought that I am looking forward to.  Jen M said, "Just be engaged in the presence and company of other people doing something, anything."  You see one of my goals this year is to find room for myself rather than so much room for my cancer. Granted I have an awareness of it; however it is time to live embracing celebration daily of the small steps of progression as well as not being consumed by the evolution of what cancer brought. Meaning I have spent two plus years in a place where my attention needed to be on the immediate diagnosis and treatment. We are now in a  secondary maintenance treatment phase, yes with side effects, that with truth can be managed with adaptations, wisdom, creativity and innovation.

I am open to say YES to life. YES, to  my inner being that sees life through the lens of  enjoyment, purpose, hope, passion, understanding, inspiration and a new phrase satisfaction.   I look forward to a state of being comfortable with who I am and content with the direction of my life.

I believe with a sense of satisfaction, joy, hope and love for life we can bring a greater energy unto ourselves. What about you? Where are you in the landscape of living? How do you say yes to yourself?


As a final word, by caring for ourselves we each come to a place of negotiation, acceptance and self-understanding.  For me today as I battled feeling terribly ill, I accepted I needed time to evaluate where I was, what I could manage and how that would affect my intention to write 365 days for 2024. I am grateful I took steps to put my wellbeing first and that despite still feeling less than me physically  I have the strength and courage to create.

Create a sense of contentment sharing through words how I participate in creating history, my history hopefully with verve. I encourage you to figure out what brings you satisfaction - that state of being  in giving or enjoying a state of comfort, content.

 

Thanks,

 

 ME xx

  









No comments:

Post a Comment

The Bargain

Dearest Soul, How often in life do we bargain financially, mentally, emotionally, and spiritually? To discover a bargain to save time, money...