Monday, January 2, 2023

From Ashes there is Light and Love

This is a walk in my daily space where I learn, grow, experience and live into life.  

There is an idiom that states, " You are what you eat."  In the age of technology and media consumption, a wise sage taught me, " We are what we consume our time, energy and gifts on."


In my journey through cancer treatments that became a very real part of my treatment strategy. Cancer for me was not a death sentence, but rather a discovery of more than what I was already made of.

This means, am I made of the gifts of life that brought me resilience,  strength, courage,  go get it attitude to live each moment fully. OR the cancer is me and owns my life. I decided that my choice was to embrace each stumbling block, moments that were gut wrenching so that I may embrace, accept and learn in order that they may be turned into stepping stones, anchors and opportunities to Live, laugh and love.

Being mindful of what I watched, read and took in as energy was vital to my soul heart treatment plan. Participating in activities that lifted me above the noise, the pain, the negative mindset, and the diagnosis brought me to a greater sense of capacity.  Those activities that were thread through my treatment plan were, listening to music and the spoken word, painting, sketching, writing and reading books where I learned new coping skills or as I like to say em-power-moments (EMPOWERMENT).

Equally important and essentially not just because of my cancer but a life truth is to surround yourself  with those who are a positive influence, a champion of you, rather than nourish  dis ease. That isn't a spelling error. Illness or disease create dis ease an uncomfortable sense of unlike where we dis life with ease instead of living into hope and what is present now.

We are truly stronger than we know, I can attest to that for in the moments, when I had not strength,  courage or the wherewithal, I found me, motivated exuberance to live and not give up. 

This is my moment after chemo, after radiation rising to a moment with grand realization that I had made it to the end. My goal was to take a picture to celebrate the benchmark, the affirmation of a goal reached instead, I am fighting back the tears.  Exhausted, consumed in pain, in the end I summoned a smile because in truth I had walked my path being appreciative of every step. 

I had decided to live every footstep with purpose not knowing what to expect. It was the hardest moment of my life and everything  I had experienced up until now was at play. Finding a place to keep learning brought me to know that to grow through this I chose to learn with mindful awareness. My life literally depended on it and so does your even without cancer. You reap what you sow, so let's consume and LEARN with mindful awareness those things that harness the good to great inside of you.

I smile because I am happy, happy to choose a path although at times challenging, it is the best choice for my education from life.  Life that gives me experience, experience that shows me wisdom and love for myself in great abundance.  As I listened to Harry Styles Song Music for  Sushi Restaurant, there is a phase and melody that sends my heart into a space of joy and enrapture.  The words are ... Its cause I love you babe in every kind of way.  My vision of myself in the mirror is very different these days.  There are moments that I live into expectations of others however, the key to move from that is living into loving myself in every kind of way and that I am here, now created already enough, being enough on my own terms, how I want to fit into my self.  I smile because I am stronger, I am Michelle Lange and I love who  I be. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Bargain

Dearest Soul, How often in life do we bargain financially, mentally, emotionally, and spiritually? To discover a bargain to save time, money...