Dear Soul,
I came across a passage in the
Meditations of Marcus Aurelius. It intrigued me greatly because his words seem
very prophetic for our age, this age in time. The passage I read explains the
energy behind Michelle Moments, behind Michelle. I hope that you find your own
kind of wisdom in this spell binding selection of text. I highlighted those
things that jumped out at me. It will connect with you too.
If you have the book, I am on
page 30, Chapter 3 - Book 3
"If at some point in your life, you should come across
anything better than justice, honest, self-control, courage - than a mind
satisfied that it has succeeded in enabling you to act rationally and satisfied
to accept what's beyond its control - if you find
anything better than that , embrace it without
reservation - it must be an extraordinary thing indeed - and
enjoy it to the full.
But if nothing presents itself that's superior to the spirit
that lives within - the one that has subordinated individual desire to
itself, that discriminates impression that has broken free of
the physical temptations (as Socrates used to say), and subordinated itself to
the god's, and looks out for human being's welfare, if you find that
there's nothing more important and valuable than that ....
...then don't make room for anything else but it.
- for anything than that might lead you astray, tempt you off the
road, and leave you unable to devote yourself completely to achieving the
goodness that is uniquely yours. It would be wrong for anything
to stand between you and attaining goodness - as a rational being and a
citizen. Anything at all: the applause of the crowd, high office, wealth, or self-indulgence.
All of them might seem compatible with it for a while. But suddenly they
control us and sweep us away.
So make your choice straightforwardly, once and for all,
and stick to it. Choose what is best.
- Best is what benefits me
As a rational being? Then follow through. Or just as
an animal? Then say so and stand your ground without making a show of
it. (Just make sure you've done your homework first.)"
My homework has been my life experience and challenges coupled with reading to understand how I can get through. There is nothing more satisfying than finding ways to inspire others, the extraordinary inside me tells me so and that is good for humankind.
I am
grateful for my life and all that has happened, arrived, and brought in
learning, perspective. I am grateful for the losses, the heart ache, the hard. Those
things have helped me to hew my life into who I am now and where I stand. Albeit
there is much more to learn, we are imperfectly perfect - spiritual beings
trying to tough it out soulfully.
I am
grateful for the tranquility and harmony that follows when I recognize how God
and the universe has a hand in my life.
I am
grateful for each of you and the time you take to read my blogs.
I am
grateful for my education in life and scholastically whereby I learned to
read and write.
I am
grateful for my parents who allowed me to figure out me. To find out what I am
all about.
I am
grateful for technology like phones that reach beyond miles to connect the
sound of a voice with another. The evolution of the phone is marvelous, and I
am so so grateful that I can reach out and see those I love where miles
become invisible and not so distant.
I am
grateful for my homeland New Zealand and the vista of life it gave me in my
youth. There is so much that I was able to experience that it fills my
youthful inner child with happiness.
Let
me close with this thought again from Marcus Aurelius [...] "14. You have
functioned as part of something; you will vanish into what you have produced
you.
OR be
restored, rather. To
To the logos from which all things spring.
By being changed."
Life
has changed me for the better and I hope as you go through today you take the
time to express gratitude, thanks to your partner, your wife, your husband,
your children but most of all yourself.
Thanks,
ME xx

No comments:
Post a Comment