Dear Soul,
After several attempts and self-doubt here goes. Life is not
a dress rehearsal, and neither are our daily choices on how to show up for ourselves
and those around us. Yesterday’s inspiring blog and today’s experiences tell me
that what I share is solid truth and it works.
How did I know because when I put something out to the universe about
what I learn there is bound to be a test of my commitment to that truth. “ Through our actions
and attitudes as parents, we can shift behaviors in our children. If, for
instance, we need understanding, we ought to embody understanding. Staying
consistent with these attitudes over time, they will eventually manifest in our
interactions with others.”
Today I watched in a therapy session a child who needed my
love and compassion as she got vulnerable recalling events in her life recently.
This conversation created a circumstance
where I had a choice on how to show up with a Be-ATTITUDE. The context of the
discussion made for ill-at-ease exchange. Hard decisions for next steps
followed and through that the mirror of my soul and heart was to BE …. a reflection
of what was needed for the other person. (We will chat about outcomes in the
next blog.)
Later in my day, I intuitively knew something else was going
to arrive. I had received a premonition the day before. The greatest surprise
is how on point my intuitions. It was a testament to me to trust those instincts
and that the universe had my back when those gentle messages fell sweetly into
my lap. When the news arrived, warm tears stained my cheeks, and I graciously accepted the outcome with warm
heartfelt words. I wished them well in the best kind of way I knew – with enthusiasm
and love.
My response when all was said and done was to call my best friend
to find consolation so I could think out loud. By the time that conversation ended,
I was where I needed to be.
As the next bump in the road arrived, I was as Maya Angelou
said in the poem, Phenomenal woman phenomenally –
“It’s in the reach of my arms,
The Span of my hips,
The stride of my step,
The curl of my lips,
I am a woman
Phenomenally,
Phenomenal woman
That’s ME…”
(Psssst – my initials are M. E. – Michelle Elizabeth)
I walked away with grace, style a smile on the curve of my lips and a
song in my heart. I was grateful for the warning shot over the bough that I had
received the day before. I stood in the place of rejection and saw myself with
love. I saw who I am and loved every part knowing that rejection – not being chosen
did not have me in its grips because I chose to respond in a way that carried the
mirror of light that I needed to move through.
As the day waned on an abundance of gratitude lavished my heart because in the details of my life, I could see God and the universes hand in my life. I saw with loving eyes that I was a choice for myself and with God too because the experience leading up to the bumps in the road gave me empowerment, solace, warning, and boundless understanding. It doesn’t get any better than that.

No comments:
Post a Comment