Saturday, January 20, 2024

Grace Style and Fitting in your Way

  Dear Soul,

Today was a blissful adventure catching up with old friends, enjoying some great food and achieving goals for the day. There was a sense of achievement, however more than that, there was an awakening.

As parents, our children need us as they grow from infancy to toddlers, then from toddler ship to tweens, then teenagerhood. During these milestones we hope that we teach them well and can release them into the world making their mark in life. At times it is the not letting go that impedes our children's growth the most.  By empowering them with choice and roadmaps to make informed decisions, when we are no longer relevant to their progression they will thrive greatly.

Today I learned that as a parent, I need to let go sometimes and not allow my ego to outpace me or follow the socialized behavior that my very existence and validation is idealized in my parenthood and the need my children have of me. In nature we see adult animals teaching their offspring the keen awareness of how rugged and hard life can be, merely surviving as a member of the food chain. Eventually, these astute parents let go knowing the dangers, hoping their next generation get it right and thrive with a great sense of exuberance on top of the heap not at the bottom.

I am learning to let go and lead with love so that I can empower my daughter to find herself and have the strength and personal power to create life on  her terms. To let go is to allow growth. and confidence to flourish.

I met a young woman who did not fit societies expectations, and with confidence, she fit herself fully and totally. I asked her about her makeup she was wearing. She said I just started and it take lots of practice.  In our home make up is a big discussion and not having grown up in a world that it was important as a teen, I needed to understand my daughter's generation. Much like building a business, if you want to know how you are doing go ask your customers. In this instance if I want to understand a 13–14-year-old perspective, go talk to  a teen.  Compelled to learn and most of understand I asked what mattered most about wearing makeup. This young lady with such great inner self-awareness said, "For me it is about how I express myself. Make-up to me is about me and my expression, not to show up, to catch attention or to fit in, just to express myself my way."

From a sophisticated thinking, true to her core young lady, I discovered that we each have a unique, visible and identifiable mode of self-expressing. Add to that recipe a great sense of self-confidence and assuredness, you have a bonified formula around self-esteem that celebrates the fullness of all that you are.

Remember each of us throughout the duration of our lives grows and becomes a version unlike any other and knowing that is we are a rare and exceptional expression of life and there is no comparison affords us much love.

As I turn the page on this day, I leave you with two parting thoughts ...

 

Hello Gorgeous, Keep being brilliantly you and thank you for stopping by to share in a moment

Thanks,

 

ME xx





No comments:

Post a Comment

The Bargain

Dearest Soul, How often in life do we bargain financially, mentally, emotionally, and spiritually? To discover a bargain to save time, money...